Mining scam: Bellary Reddys' bail hearing today
G Janardhana Reddy and B Srinavasa Reddy were arrested by the CBI in the illegal mining scam on September 5.
Hyderabad: A local court will hear the bail pleas of former Karnataka Minister G Janardhana Reddy and his brother BV Srinivasa Reddy on Friday.
The Bellary Reddys are in custody in connection with the alleged illegal mining scam. This is the third time they have moved court. They were arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on September 5.
The CBI on September 22 had opposed the bail pleas probing 'illegal' mining and irregularities in allotment of mining leases to Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC), had arrested Janardhana Reddy and OMC Managing Director Srinivas Reddy on September 5 from Bellary in Karnataka and brought them to Hyderabad the same day.
The CBI registered the case against OMC on December 7, 2009 at the request of Andhra Pradesh government in the wake of allegations of illegal mining and irregularities in allotment of mining leases to OMC in Obulapuram and Malpanagudi villages of Anantapur district of the state.
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched