DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rein in Digvijaya Singh: Agnivesh tells Sonia
Social activist Swami Agnivesh claimed Congress' image would be affected.
Ranchi: Social activist Swami Agnivesh on Thursday claimed if Congress President Sonia Gandhi did not ask her party general secretary Digvijaya Singh to stop statements "contrary" to her commitment against corruption, her party's image would be affected.
"We take as genuine the Congress president's reply to Anna Hazare's letter. But she should take action if Digvijaya Singh speaks just the opposite to what she said in her reply," Agnivesh told newsmen in Ranchi.
Gandhi had on Wednesday assured Hazare that she did not support smear campaigns and reiterated her commitment to fighting corruption.
"But if she does not rein in Digvijaya Singh's statements, it will look like 'run with the hare and hunt with the hound'. This will spoil the image of the party and will be a big loss to it," he added.
The social activist visited the demolition sites in Ranchi following the anti-encroachment drive taken up by the district administration in the wake of high court's order to implement its earlier orders passed in 2003 and 2006 against encroachment.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia