Rizwanur's brother loses in Kolkata civic poll
Rizwanur was found dead just a month after his marriage to Priyanka Todi, the daughter of a prominent city businessman.
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress candidate and the brother of Rizwanur Rahman, Rukbanur Rahman, has lost from Ward No. 65 in South Kolkata.
Rizwanur, a computer graphics teacher was found dead near railway tracks in Kolkata on September 21, 2007, just a month after his marriage to Priyanka Todi, the daughter of a prominent city businessman Ashok Todi.
TMC has been alleging that Rizwanur was killed for marrying Priyanka.
However, TMC has managed to decimate the Left From in the 141-ward Kolkata Municipal Corporation and is headed for a massive victory. The party has won 64 of the 85 seats the results for which were available till 11:30 AM.
The Left Front, which currently is in power, has so far managed only 14 seats while the Congress, which fought alone having failed to clinch a tie-up with TMC after acrimonious exchanges, has cut a sorry figure, winning only six seats. BJP has won only one.
The Trinamool Congress also wrested the Bidhannagar Municipality, better known as Salt Lake City. Of the 25-ward municipality, the TMC has won 18 wards, while the Left Front in seven wards.
Recommended For You
- FROM THE CRICKETWALLAHVirat Kohli: The Captain With The Midas Touch?
- Ready?Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan To Act Together In Movies Again?
- DHONI DILEMMAMS Dhoni May Play Warm-Up Games Against England Before ODI Series
- In MemoriamJayalalithaa Filmography: 10 Musical Hits
- Starry nightVirat-Anushka to Saif-Kareena: The Star Studded Birthday Bash of Manish Malhotra