DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rizwanur's brother loses in Kolkata civic poll
Rizwanur was found dead just a month after his marriage to Priyanka Todi, the daughter of a prominent city businessman.
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress candidate and the brother of Rizwanur Rahman, Rukbanur Rahman, has lost from Ward No. 65 in South Kolkata.
Rizwanur, a computer graphics teacher was found dead near railway tracks in Kolkata on September 21, 2007, just a month after his marriage to Priyanka Todi, the daughter of a prominent city businessman Ashok Todi.
TMC has been alleging that Rizwanur was killed for marrying Priyanka.
However, TMC has managed to decimate the Left From in the 141-ward Kolkata Municipal Corporation and is headed for a massive victory. The party has won 64 of the 85 seats the results for which were available till 11:30 AM.
The Left Front, which currently is in power, has so far managed only 14 seats while the Congress, which fought alone having failed to clinch a tie-up with TMC after acrimonious exchanges, has cut a sorry figure, winning only six seats. BJP has won only one.
The Trinamool Congress also wrested the Bidhannagar Municipality, better known as Salt Lake City. Of the 25-ward municipality, the TMC has won 18 wards, while the Left Front in seven wards.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar