DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rs 1 crore black money seized in West Bengal
Black money amounting to Rs one crore has so far been seized from different areas of West Bengal.
Hooghly (WB): Black money amounting to Rs one crore has so far been seized from different areas of West Bengal after the model code of conduct for the six-phase election came into force in the state from March 1, Deputy Election Commissioner, Vinod Zutshi said on Thursday.
"The black money was seized from different people of the state with the help of Income Tax officials," Zutshi told reporters here after holding a meeting with district top civil and police officials.
To a question on whether the people from whom the black money was recovered had any political connection, he said, "It will by made public as and when their political identity will be established."
An unaccounted sum of Rs 5 lakh was recovered from a person from Singur this morning, he said. The man was arrested.
The expenditure observers of the Election Commission were keeping a close watch on all bank accounts of the candidates and other related transactions, he said.
"No unfair deal will be allowed," Zutshi said.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions