Rs 1 crore black money seized in West Bengal
Black money amounting to Rs one crore has so far been seized from different areas of West Bengal.
Hooghly (WB): Black money amounting to Rs one crore has so far been seized from different areas of West Bengal after the model code of conduct for the six-phase election came into force in the state from March 1, Deputy Election Commissioner, Vinod Zutshi said on Thursday.
"The black money was seized from different people of the state with the help of Income Tax officials," Zutshi told reporters here after holding a meeting with district top civil and police officials.
To a question on whether the people from whom the black money was recovered had any political connection, he said, "It will by made public as and when their political identity will be established."
An unaccounted sum of Rs 5 lakh was recovered from a person from Singur this morning, he said. The man was arrested.
The expenditure observers of the Election Commission were keeping a close watch on all bank accounts of the candidates and other related transactions, he said.
"No unfair deal will be allowed," Zutshi said.
Recommended For You
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion