Rs 1,100 cr development projects for Rajkot: Modi
The Gujarat Chief Minister said that his government has made concerted efforts to put Gujarat on path of development.
Rajkot: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday announced a riverfront project in Rajkot and 21 development schemes entailing an investment of Rs 1,100 crore for the city.
"The Government has decided to develop a riverfront project in Rajkot and Rs 1,100 crore would be spent on 21 development projects in the city," he said while addressing a gathering at Race Course Ground in Rajkot on the conclusion of his day-long 'Sadbhavna' fast.
Modi said his government has made concerted efforts to put Gujarat on path of development and production of cotton, which was around 23 lakh bales per year and has now crossed over one crore bales. The government has trained nearly one lakh people under its `Ummid' (hope) project and made them job-ready, the Chief Minister started.
Talking about Gujarat, Modi said earlier poison of casteism and communalism created hurdles on path of progress. But unity, peace and brotherhood have now led the state on development path.
Finance Minister Vajubhai Vala, Agriculture Minister Dilip Sanghani, State BJP President R C Faldu and party's MPs and MLAs from Saurashtra and Kutch were among those who observed fast along with the Chief Minister.
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18