DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rs 40 lakh seized from tea shop in Tamil Nadu
Election and police officials on Monday seized Rs 40 lakh from a roadside tea shop in Therunali.
Ramanathapuram: In yet another haul of unaccounted cash in poll-bound Tamil Nadu, election and police officials on Monday seized Rs 40 lakh from a roadside tea shop in Therunali and arrested its owner, police said.
The tea shop owner Ponnuswamy claimed that the money was meant for distribution to voters on behalf of DMK, police said.
Income Tax (Investigation) Department officials on Sunday seized unaccounted cash of about Rs 37 lakh allegedly kept for distribution to voters across various parts of the state.
The Election Commission had formed flying squads for carrying out searches on vehicles and premises in a bid to prevent the use of money power in the polls.
Since the searches started after the notification of the polls, officials have seized crores of rupees from various places.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: Junaid Takes a Dig at Kohli Ahead of Indo-Pak Clash
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions