RSS chief calls for 'glorious' Ram Mandir
This is perhaps for the first time that Bhagwat has attended a public function organised by VHP in Gujarat.
Ahmedabad: On a day when Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was inducted into BJP's Parliamentary Board, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat raked up the issue of Ram Mandir in Ahmedabad, expressing the desire for a "glorious" temple at Ayodhya. "We will have to build good, honest and true Hindus in Bharat, because, now the whole world will be following Hindus. "In near future, we are taking up mass recitation of 'Vijay Mantra' for a glorious temple, Shree Ram Mandir," Bhagwat said while addressing a public gathering, 'Hindu Sangam', organised by VHP .
The announcement assumes significance for its timing as Modi, who has often been projected as BJP's prime ministerial candidate by some sections, was on Sunday inducted in the party's highest-decision making body, Parliamentary Board. In stark contrast to Modi's development plank, a section in the Sangh parivar is still banking on Ram temple issue and this was raised prominently during the recent Maha Kumbh in Allahabad. Setting the Hindutva tone, Bhagwat said, the "stage has been set for Hindus to take the intellectual leadership of the world. Whole world has no other option but to follow Hindus".
"Though intellectually, Hindus have established leadership in the world, but physically that is absent. A Hindu is a Hindu in his thoughts but not so much in his behaviour. We have to change this," the 'Sarsanghchalak' said. VHP, under the leadership of its International Working President Pravin Togadia, has organised 'Hindu Sangam' to launch a new movement called "Hindu Ahead for Hindu Security and Prosperity" which aims to reach out to the community.
The RSS chief was the chief guest at the function. This is perhaps for the first time that Bhagwat has attended a public function organised by VHP in Gujarat. In his brief address, Bhagwat also expressed the need "to imbibe true Hindu values and adopt the Hindu way of living by adopting Hindu language and appearance".
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign
- Case Registered Against Man for Posting Objectionable Photo of PM Modi