RSS Leader Quits to Join CPI(M). Returns in Four Days
Volunteers of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) (Photo: Getty Images)
Thiruvananthapuram: Four days after joining CPI(M) as a mark of protest against "demonetisation and political violence", a local RSS leader has returned to the Sangh Parivar fold.
P Padmakumar, a former state Secretary of the 'Hindu Aikya Vedi', had joined CPI(M) on November 27, after snapping his four-decade-long link with the Sangh.
However, the leader announced his return to RSS fold in a meeting organised by Yuva Morcha here on Thursday.
He also claimed that the press release distributed by CPI(M) leaders at the press conference on November 27 did not reflect his views.
Padmakumar, while announcing his decision to join CPI(M), had said that "I was against the inhumane attitude of RSS and its politics of violence. The demonetisation of Rs 1000 and Rs 500 was the last straw and I decided to quit the outfit."
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Virender Sehwag Accepts Commentary Challenge from Sunny Leone
- Salman Khan's Tubelight Might Not Release on Eid in Pakistan
- Priyanka to Rajkummar: Bollywood Actors Who've Mastered Roles in Disguise
- IPL 2017: Dravid Backs 'Skipper' Karun After Crushing KXIP Defeat
- Jennifer Lopez's Latest Outfit Proves There's No One As Bold As Her