RSS Leader Quits to Join CPI(M). Returns in Four Days
Volunteers of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) (Photo: Getty Images)
Thiruvananthapuram: Four days after joining CPI(M) as a mark of protest against "demonetisation and political violence", a local RSS leader has returned to the Sangh Parivar fold.
P Padmakumar, a former state Secretary of the 'Hindu Aikya Vedi', had joined CPI(M) on November 27, after snapping his four-decade-long link with the Sangh.
However, the leader announced his return to RSS fold in a meeting organised by Yuva Morcha here on Thursday.
He also claimed that the press release distributed by CPI(M) leaders at the press conference on November 27 did not reflect his views.
Padmakumar, while announcing his decision to join CPI(M), had said that "I was against the inhumane attitude of RSS and its politics of violence. The demonetisation of Rs 1000 and Rs 500 was the last straw and I decided to quit the outfit."
Recommended For You
- Barack Obama Spills The Beans On How He Survived The White House Years
- Rahul Gandhi Trolled For 'Torn Kurta' Antic During His Speech In Rishikesh
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment
- Bangladesh Hit New Low in Test Cricket - We Tell You How
- Hero Achiever 150 Review: Smart Features And Easy Riding