RSS' Teachings Helped Launch Anti-terror Operation Across LoC: Subramanian Swamy
File photo of BJP MP Subramanian Swamy. (Reuters)
Ahmedabad: BJP leader Subramanian Swamy on Tuesday came out in support of Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar over his statement giving credit to "RSS teaching" for the decision to launch surgical strikes on terror camps inside PoK saying the Hindutva outfit provides training to take risks.
Swamy said RSS indeed provides training to take risks and this helped while taking a call on launching the anti-terror operation on September 29.
"The training of taking risks that RSS provides (helped in surgical strikes). (Prime Minister) Modi took risk (through surgical strikes)," he said.
Parrikar yesterday said "may be the RSS teaching was at the core" of the decision to launch cross-LoC raids.
Swamy, a former Union Law Minister, also referred to a US operation in Iran in which all American soldiers were killed and said this contributed in then President Jimmy Carter losing election.
The Rajya Sabha MP criticised Congress for seeking proof of surgical strikes. "It is not good for Congress to repeat Pakistan's propaganda (by asking proof of surgical strikes)."
Recommended For You
- 'Slow Motion' MS Dhoni Teases Jason Holder During Second ODI
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Races Past 2,00,000 Unit Sales Within 20 Months
- Tubelight BO Collection: Salman's Film Mints Rs 66 cr on Day 3
- It Doesn't Make Sense: Konkona Sensharma On Censorship