'BSP MP's walkout during Vande Mataram against national integrity'
Shafiqur Rahman Burq had defended his decision to walk out of the House saying that it wasn't against the Constitution.
New Delhi: The Janata Dal (United)'s Sabir Ali on Thursday sought to defend BSP MP Shafiqur Rahman Burq who had walked out of Lok Sabha while the Vande Mataram was being played, saying that it was his personal opinion.
He, however, said that the act was against national integrity and Speaker Meira Kumar would be the best person to decide the course of action against him. "This is his personal opinion but it's not good for the nation. It's against national integrity, it's not right but we shouldn't make a big issue of it. Let the Speaker decide what action should be taken," Ali said.
Burq had defended his decision to walk out of the House saying that it wasn't against the Constitution as it was not the national anthem.
Burq had earned the wrath of Meira Kumar who sought an explanation why he had walked out and warned that it must not be repeated.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology