Sandeep Dikshit renews demand for Commissioner's removal
He also demanded Delhi Police be brought under the control of city government sans VIP security wing.
New Delhi: Delhi MP Sandeep Dikshit on Sunday renewed his demand for the removal of Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar, echoing the views of people protesting the rape of a five-year-old girl in New Delhi. Dikshit, son of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, said when incidents like the rape of a girl takes place, there is a need to send a message and fixing accountability is important.
"My stand on the removal of Police Commissioner remains the same as it was during last time (after the gangrape of a young girl in a moving bus in December last). When such an incident takes place and you want to give a message, then accountability is the most important part of that message," the East Delhi MP, who is also a Congress spokesperson, said. Demanding that Delhi Police be brought under the control of city government sans VIP security wing, he alleged police and bureaucracy do not want this as it will result in increased accountability and responsibility.
"Nobody wants that responsibility increases. They know that if Delhi Police comes under state government, their accountability and responsibility will increase. So nobody wants this to happen. We demand bringing the Delhi Police except VVIP security and internal security under state government," he said.
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary