DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Muzaffarnagar riots: Court denies BJP MLA Sangeet Som's bail plea
The three MLAs, Som and Suresh Rana (both BJP), and Noor Saleem Rana (BSP) were remanded to 14 days judicial custody by a court on September 21.
Muzaffarnagar: Bharatiya Janata Party MLA Sangeet Som was denied bail by a court in a case for allegedly spreading communal tension in Muzaffarnagar. The MLA was arrested on Saturday for his alleged role in uploading of a fake video that is said to have fanned tension in the district.
A court on Tuesday will hear the bail pleas of three MLAs, who had been arrested for allegedly provoking violence in Muzaffarnagar district.
The three MLAs, Som and Suresh Rana (both BJP), and Noor Saleem Rana (BSP) were remanded to 14 days judicial custody by a local court on September 21.
A local court on September 18 issued non-bailable arrest warrants against a BSP MP, two MLAs each of BJP and BSP and 11 other political and community leaders for allegedly inciting communal violence that has claimed the lives of 48 people.
(With additional inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere