Muzaffarnagar riots: Court denies BJP MLA Sangeet Som's bail plea
The three MLAs, Som and Suresh Rana (both BJP), and Noor Saleem Rana (BSP) were remanded to 14 days judicial custody by a court on September 21.
Muzaffarnagar: Bharatiya Janata Party MLA Sangeet Som was denied bail by a court in a case for allegedly spreading communal tension in Muzaffarnagar. The MLA was arrested on Saturday for his alleged role in uploading of a fake video that is said to have fanned tension in the district.
A court on Tuesday will hear the bail pleas of three MLAs, who had been arrested for allegedly provoking violence in Muzaffarnagar district.
The three MLAs, Som and Suresh Rana (both BJP), and Noor Saleem Rana (BSP) were remanded to 14 days judicial custody by a local court on September 21.
A local court on September 18 issued non-bailable arrest warrants against a BSP MP, two MLAs each of BJP and BSP and 11 other political and community leaders for allegedly inciting communal violence that has claimed the lives of 48 people.
(With additional inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology