Muzaffarnagar riots: Court denies BJP MLA Sangeet Som's bail plea
The three MLAs, Som and Suresh Rana (both BJP), and Noor Saleem Rana (BSP) were remanded to 14 days judicial custody by a court on September 21.
Muzaffarnagar: Bharatiya Janata Party MLA Sangeet Som was denied bail by a court in a case for allegedly spreading communal tension in Muzaffarnagar. The MLA was arrested on Saturday for his alleged role in uploading of a fake video that is said to have fanned tension in the district.
A court on Tuesday will hear the bail pleas of three MLAs, who had been arrested for allegedly provoking violence in Muzaffarnagar district.
The three MLAs, Som and Suresh Rana (both BJP), and Noor Saleem Rana (BSP) were remanded to 14 days judicial custody by a local court on September 21.
A local court on September 18 issued non-bailable arrest warrants against a BSP MP, two MLAs each of BJP and BSP and 11 other political and community leaders for allegedly inciting communal violence that has claimed the lives of 48 people.
(With additional inputs from PTI)
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed