DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sarkar praises Dikshit for providing turbine to power plant
The Tripura CM said his turbine request was given a go-ahead by Dikshit and hence, the power project was able to start production.
Palatana: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit drew praise from her Marxist counterpart of Tripura Manik Sarkar for providing a turbine lying idle in the national capital to set up the 726 mega watt power plant in Palatana. Sarkar said the Delhi government had purchased a turbine for its own gas-based power plant, but it was lying idle since gas supply agreement was not finalised.
While Tripura had also ordered turbine for its ONGC-Tripura power project, it would have taken time to be delivered, he said. Sarkar said when he came to know about the turbine lying idle in Delhi, he proposed to the Delhi government if they can provide it to his state so that production could be started earlier.
The Tripura chief minister said his request was given a go-ahead by Dikshit and hence, the power project was able to start production. Sarkar also thanked Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for allowing transportation of heavy machinery for the project through its territory which phenomenally brought down the cost and time of bringing such infrastructure.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Pirates of The Caribbean- Salazar's Revenge: Cheers For Nostalgia, Nothing Else
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs