SC panel submits report on K'taka illegal mining
The committee has come down heavily on mining companies and recommended that their licenses be cancelled.
New Delhi: A Supreme Court appointed committee on illegal mining in Karnataka has submitted its final report. The committee has come down heavily on mining companies and recommended that their licenses be cancelled.
Most of the violators are C-category mines.
The decision could have some political repercussions too, as many of the mines have links to politicians in Karnataka.
Some of the mines are owned by the associates of the Reddy brothers like SVM. Licences of BJP MLA Anand Singh's Associated Mining Company may be cancelled. Janardhana Reddy's wife Lakshmi Aruna has a major role in the Associated Mining Company.
Mines owned by Congress MP Anil Lad and minister V Somanna's family are also under threat.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models