DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
SC panel submits report on K'taka illegal mining
The committee has come down heavily on mining companies and recommended that their licenses be cancelled.
New Delhi: A Supreme Court appointed committee on illegal mining in Karnataka has submitted its final report. The committee has come down heavily on mining companies and recommended that their licenses be cancelled.
Most of the violators are C-category mines.
The decision could have some political repercussions too, as many of the mines have links to politicians in Karnataka.
Some of the mines are owned by the associates of the Reddy brothers like SVM. Licences of BJP MLA Anand Singh's Associated Mining Company may be cancelled. Janardhana Reddy's wife Lakshmi Aruna has a major role in the Associated Mining Company.
Mines owned by Congress MP Anil Lad and minister V Somanna's family are also under threat.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users