SC/ST quota opponents lock govt offices in Lucknow
The Samajwadi Party disrupted the Question Hour in the Rajya Sabha on Monday, arguing that if reservation for Dalits in promotion could be proposed, why not the same could be done for the Muslims.
New Delhi: While voting is scheduled in the Rajya Sabha on the SC/ ST reservation in promotion bill on Monday, the opponents of the bill had locked government offices in Lucknow even as those supporting the reservation are sitting on protest outside the offices in Uttar Pradesh's capital.
The Samajwadi Party disrupted the Question Hour in the Rajya Sabha on Monday, arguing that if reservation for Dalits in promotion could be proposed, why not the same could be done for the Muslims. Samajwadi Party MPs also asked why the Sachar Committee report was not being implemented.
Samajwadi Party MP Mohan Singh said that his colleagues would oppose the bill with all their might inside the Rajya Sabha. Singh said that the Supreme Court has dismissed such a proposal thrice, so why was the same mistake being committed again. The bill is to be put to vote at around 5 PM.
On the other hand BJP MP Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that his party would clear its stand after the government introduced the bill in the Rajya Sabha.
Recommended For You
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System