Security tightened in Farukkhabad ahead of Kejriwal's protest
Congress workers have also announced to lodge their protest against Arvind Kejriwal in a democratic manner, sources said.
Farukkhabad: Security has been stepped up in Farukkhabad on Thursday in view of protests planned by Arvind Kejriwal and his associated against alleged irregularities by the trust run by Union Minister Salman Khurshid and his wife. Congress workers have also announced to lodge their protest against Kejriwal in a democratic manner, sources said.
Police said security has been tightened in the area in the wake of the protests planned by IAC and Congress workers. Khurshid had dared Kejriwal to stage a protest in his
constituency and had said "let him also return from Farrukhabad".
Meanwhile, a force of 1400 farmers armed with lathis has been constituted by the Bharatiya Kisan Union for Kejriwal's security.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Live: No End to Samajwadi Party Crisis, Old Guard Meet CM Akhilesh
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18