Shiv Sena calls for NDA meet to decide on PM candidate
Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut said that the party was neither opposed to nor in favour of any person.
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena remains non-committal on its choice of the NDA's Prime Ministerial candidate. On Wednesday, Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut said the party was neither opposed to, nor in favour of any person.
"Rajnath Singh (Bharatiya Janata Party president) has said that (Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra) Modi is a 'lokpriya neta' and that's why he has been made the campaign in-charge of the BJP. It's their internal decision," Raut said, adding, "Let the BJP come to a consensus first and then we will decide."
"(Late Shiv Sena chief) Balasaheb (Thackeray) had said then that Sushma Swaraj is an able PM candidate. If the circumstances have changed and new names are in the fray, we believe an NDA meeting is the platform to discuss," Raut said.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh in India
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone