Sena should have forgiven girls for FB post: Sanjay Nirupam
Shaheen Dhada and Renu Srinivasan, both aged 21, were arrested from Palghar for posting comments opposing the Mumbai shutdown.
Vadodara: Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam on Tuesday said Shiv Sena should have forgiven the two girls for posting a 'Facebook' comment questioning the shutdown of Mumbai for Bal Thackeray's funeral on Sunday. "Police took action against the girls after a complaint lodged by a Sena leader from Palghar in Thane district. I think Shiv Sena should have forgiven the girls (for the post) in view of their age," Nirupam told reporters in Vadodara.
Shaheen Dhada and Renu Srinivasan, both aged 21, were arrested from Palghar for posting comments opposing the Mumbai shutdown. However, they were granted bail after they furnished personal bonds. Nirupam, an MP from Mumbai, was in the city to address the party's election rally.
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- Saamana Office Attacked Over Cartoon Mocking Maratha Protests
- Sena Needles Modi Over Uri Attack, Says Situation Worse Than Cong Regime
- Glad Tutak Tutak Tutiya Being Compared With Bhool Bhulaiyaa: Prabhu Deva
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit