DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sena should have forgiven girls for FB post: Sanjay Nirupam
Shaheen Dhada and Renu Srinivasan, both aged 21, were arrested from Palghar for posting comments opposing the Mumbai shutdown.
Vadodara: Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam on Tuesday said Shiv Sena should have forgiven the two girls for posting a 'Facebook' comment questioning the shutdown of Mumbai for Bal Thackeray's funeral on Sunday. "Police took action against the girls after a complaint lodged by a Sena leader from Palghar in Thane district. I think Shiv Sena should have forgiven the girls (for the post) in view of their age," Nirupam told reporters in Vadodara.
Shaheen Dhada and Renu Srinivasan, both aged 21, were arrested from Palghar for posting comments opposing the Mumbai shutdown. However, they were granted bail after they furnished personal bonds. Nirupam, an MP from Mumbai, was in the city to address the party's election rally.
Recommended For You
- Govt Says No Chance of Indo-Pak Bilateral Series in Current Scenario
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017