Sena should have forgiven girls for FB post: Sanjay Nirupam
Shaheen Dhada and Renu Srinivasan, both aged 21, were arrested from Palghar for posting comments opposing the Mumbai shutdown.
Vadodara: Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam on Tuesday said Shiv Sena should have forgiven the two girls for posting a 'Facebook' comment questioning the shutdown of Mumbai for Bal Thackeray's funeral on Sunday. "Police took action against the girls after a complaint lodged by a Sena leader from Palghar in Thane district. I think Shiv Sena should have forgiven the girls (for the post) in view of their age," Nirupam told reporters in Vadodara.
Shaheen Dhada and Renu Srinivasan, both aged 21, were arrested from Palghar for posting comments opposing the Mumbai shutdown. However, they were granted bail after they furnished personal bonds. Nirupam, an MP from Mumbai, was in the city to address the party's election rally.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology