DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sexist remarks: Women invite harassment, says Congress MLA
BJP said that the statement is highly derogatory towards women despite the fact that the President of the Congress Party is a woman.
Bhopal: A Congress leader in Madhya Pradesh has landed himself in a controversy by making sexist remarks that women invite trouble by looking at men in a suggestive manner, drawing flak from BJP.
"Jab tak mahila tirchi najar se nahi dekhegi, tab tak purush use nahi chedega" (No man will harass a woman till she looks at him in a suggestive manner)," Satyadev Katare, a former minister, said at a Congress rally in Bhind district.
The rally was organised earlier this week by the Congress in Bhind as part of the party campaign to regain power in the year-end assembly polls.
Efforts to contact Katare on the issue proved futile. BJP Spokesman and MLA Vishwas Sarang said the statement is highly derogatory towards women despite the fact that the President of the Congress Party is a woman.
"It reflects the mentality of Congress leaders and specially in the aftermath of incidents of rape in Delhi," Sarang said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics