Shakti Kapoor booked for violating Model Code of Conduct
A non-cognizable offence has been registered against actor.
Mumbai: A non-cognizable offence has been registered against actor Shakti Kapoor for allegedly violating model code of conduct by making a provocative speech during an election meeting in suburban Malad, police said on Monday.
"The actor while seeking votes for Congress candidate Aslam Shaikh on October 6 had made some provocative and objectionable remarks," alleged senior inspector of Malvani police station JK Hargude.
The actor had reportedly asked the audience to "throw the rivals out and break their back."
The matter was brought to the notice of the Election Commission (EC), he said, adding that a non-cognizable offence (NC) was registered against the actor on the instruction of the poll panel which examined the speech.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology