Sheila behaving like a 'dalal' for power discoms: Kejriwal
He added that the next Lok Sabha elections would be a fight between the common man and the political establishment.
New Delhi: Continuing his attack against Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, Aam Aadmi Party National Convener Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday accused her of behaving like a "middleman" for power discoms and water companies in the capital. At a rally in Rohtas Nagar in the capital, Kejriwal also said the next elections would be a fight between common man and the political establishment and not between Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi as being projected by the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party.
"Let me tell you, the next elections will not be Rahul vs Modi but it would be between the common man and the political establishment," he said. Kejriwal also alleged that Sheila Dikshit was working as a "dalal" (middleman) for electricity and water companies in Delhi. When asked as to why he was using the word despite getting a defamation notice, Kejriwal said, "We are not defaming her, she is doing it herself. If she reduces power and water tariffs in Delhi, she stands with the poor, we all will respect her."
He also claimed that the Delhi government has effected an 18-fold hike in the water tariff in last nine years. The anti-corruption activist again asked the people not to pay their "inflated" electricity bill and said, "If you are afraid that you connection would be disconnected and police may take action for reconnecting it, then give a call to me, I will come to reconnect the power connection."
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton
- Clinton Policy on Syria Would Lead to World War Three: Donald Trump
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Akhilesh Briefs Governor on Political Crisis
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: Shivpal Expels Akhilesh's Aide Pawan Pandey From Party
- Samajwadi Party Live: Mulayam Singh 'Ready In Principle' to Ally With Congress-RLD, Hints Shivpal Yadav