Bhandara rape: Shinde likely to make fresh statement
The Home Minister had withdrawn his Rajya Sabha statement after it mentioned the names of the three minor victims.
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde is likely to make a fresh statement on the triple rape and murder in Bhandara. This comes a week after his faux pas in the Rajya Sabha. The Home Minister had ended up naming the three minor victims in Parliament in his statement.
Shinde's reference was expunged after Opposition leader Arun Jaitley drew his attention to his mistake. There was outrage in Parliament last week after Shinde's written statement issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs mentioned the three victims' names.
Shinde later withdrew the statement and said, "I have withdrawn my statement. Even the Rajya Sabha Deputy Speaker has also expunged the statement.I have also asked the secretary to inquire this matter. Please let the matter rest now."
Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley pointed out the faux pas made by the ministry after the Union Minister finished his speech. "The identity of the victim is never disclosed. But the Home Minister has disclosed the names of the victims in his statement. I ask the Home Minister to take back his statement," Jaitley.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Why Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone