Shinde's 'hasty 'remarks have angered Hindus: Maya
Mayawati said following the statement, Hindus were "very agitated and very angry".
New Delhi: BSP chief Mayawati on Thursday slammed Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde for his Hindu terror remarks saying he made the statement in "haste" and asked him to place the facts before courts to let judiciary take a decision in this regard. "Shinde holds an important position in the government and the issue relates to his department. He should have made the statement based on the facts available to him, which he did not. He acted in haste which is not correct," she said.
Mayawati said following the statement, Hindus were "very agitated and very angry". "If he had actual facts, he should have presented those before courts and allowed it to take a decision.. several cases related to terrorism are pending before courts across the country," she said.
Stressing that all religions should be respected, she said statements which are not based on facts and hurt sentiments, especially those of Hindus, should be avoided. "It would have been better had he himself not raised the issue and left it to the courts," Mayawati said. She was replying to a question on the remarks made by the Home Minister in Jaipur on Sunday last during an AICC session.
"Reports have come during investigation that BJP and RSS conduct terror training camps to spread terrorism.. bombs were planted in Samjhauta Express, Mecca Masjid and also a blast was carried out in Malegaon. We will have to think about it seriously and will have to remain alert," he had said at the AICC meeting.
His remarks had drawn angry reaction from RSS and BJP which today held protests in various parts of the country to demand his resignation. They said such statements were "dangerous" and accused Congress of indulging in "destructive politics".
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Adnan Sami Responds To Haters After He Was Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC