Shiv Sena MLA's son ties the knot on Valentine's Day
A few years ago, the Shiv Sena carried out several protests and agitations against Valentine's Day celebrations and attacked couples.
Mumbai: That he belongs to a party which has often slammed Valentine's Day celebrations, did not come in the way of a local Shiv Sena corporator who entered into wedlock on Valentine's Day in Mumbai on Thursday. Corporator from Borivli, Abhishek Ghosalkar, son of party MLA Vinod Ghosalkar, tied the knot with Tejasvee Darekar, an IT professional, in suburban Borivli on Thursday afternoon.
"This is an arranged marriage...The mahurat was good and so it happened that we are getting married on Valentine's Day," Abhishek told reporters in Mumbai. The Sena MLA apparently zeroed in on February 14 for his son's wedding as it was Basant Panchami and an auspicious day, according to the Hindu calendar.
"This has nothing to do with Valentine's Day. The wedding took place as per the auspicious mahurat," a Sena functionary from Borivli said. A few years ago, the Shiv Sena carried out several protests and agitations against Valentine's Day celebrations and attacked couples and vandalised shops selling cards and bouquets.
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- Narrow Escape From Electric Shock For Rahul Gandhi in Agra
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya