Shiv Sena MP Gaikwad Flies Again; Picks Air India!
Barely a month after being grounded for assaulting an Air India staffer, Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad on Thursday took to the skies again.
File photo of Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad.
Mumbai: Barely a month after being grounded for assaulting an Air India staffer, Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad on Thursday took to the skies again.
His airline of choice was Air India, as he took a flight from Hyderabad to Delhi shortly after 4 PM, an aide of Gaikwad told PTI.
"Ravi Sir (as Gaikwad, a former teacher, is known in his Osmanabad constituency) travelled business class from Hyderabad to Delhi today, days after the flying ban was lifted," the aide said.
Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad flies Air India(Hyderabad to Delhi) for the first time since assaulting an AI staff member last month pic.twitter.com/IsBtMRR2Dp
— ANI (@ANI_news) April 20, 2017
On April 8, private airlines had lifted the nearly two week-long flying ban on Gaikwad.
The decision of the Federation of Indian Airlines (FIA) had come a day after the national carrier, following direction from the Civil Aviation Ministry, revoked the ban on Gaikwad.
The flying restriction on the Lok Sabha member had been lifted after he gave an undertaking that such incidents would not reoccur.
Meanwhile, Gaikwad had a heated argument with cops over 'non-functioning' of ATMs at Latur in Marathwada region on Tuesday, police said.
Recommended For You
- AB de Villiers Ruled Out of T20 Series With Knee Injury
- You Won't Believe What Aditya Chopra Told Rani Mukerji When They Met First Time
- Bhuvneshwar & Dhawan Star as India Register Comprehensive Win Over South Africa
- Maharashtra, Virgin Group Sign Deal For World's First Hyperloop Between Mumbai and Pune
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Exudes Elegance in this Traditional Outfit; See Pics