Shiv Sena Questions Safety of Mumbai Post GST Implementation
The Shiv Sena on Saturday questioned the safety of Mumbai after the implementation of GST Bill, even as Maharashtra Legislative Council unanimously passed the Maharashtra Goods and Services Tax Act 2017.
Image for representation (Photo courtesy: AFP)
Mumbai: The Shiv Sena on Saturday questioned the safety of Mumbai after the implementation of GST Bill, even as Maharashtra Legislative Council unanimously passed the Maharashtra Goods and Services Tax (compensation to the Local Authorities) Act 2017.
Earlier, during the discussion, NCP leader Sunil Tatkare said while the Opposition parties supported the GST Bill, there should be a special session of Maharashtra Legislature to discuss farm loan waiver as well.
Congress leader Sharad Ranpise meanwhile questioned the government to give a detailed response on what recommendations had it implemented of the Subodh Kumar-led Maharashtra Economic Development Committee report on GST.
As per the constitutional provisions, a charged expenditure (here it will be treated akin to charged expenditure) is one which does not require a vote in the state legislature or the Parliament and is charged on the Consolidated Fund.
Recommended For You
- Super 30: Makers of Hrithik Roshan Starrer To Spend Rs 10 Cr To Recreate Bihar in Mumbai?
- Oscar Nominee The Shape Of Water Accused Of Plagiarism By A Playwright's Family
- Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Looks Elegant As She Sports One Indian Outfit After Another; See Pics
- Chargesheet Filed Against Ness Wadia in Preity Zinta Molestation Case
- Reliance Jio Ranked 17th Among World's 50 Most Innovative Companies