Shiv Sena Urges BJP To Begin Work On Ram Mandir
Shiv Sena on Thursday urged the Bhartiya Janata Party to lay the the foundation stone of Ram Mandir instead of just ranting slogans
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Thursday urged the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) to lay the the foundation stone of Ram Mandir instead of just ranting slogans, after senior BJP leader Subramanian Swamy told CNN News 18 that the party was likely to take up the issue ahead of the Uttar Pradesh Polls.
An editorial in Shiv Sena's mouthpiece Saamna questioned BJP on the matter of Ram Mandir, stating that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is backed by more than 300 MPs on it.
"If you cannot build a Ram temple on the back of the support of these 300 MP'S, when will you do it?" said an editorial in the party mouthpiece.
Now that the PM has won more confidence after the September 29 surgical strikes and his Lucknow rally ahead of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections, the BJP ally demanded the Ram Mandir work to begin at the earliest.
Urging BJP to undertake work on the Mandir, the editorial further said, "Elections in Uttar Pradesh are like a matter of life and death for the BJP. Don't just give slogans, start laying the foundation."
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli & Co Not Happy With Their Official Kit Sponsor Nike
- Android 8.0 Oreo is Here While Only 1.2 Percent Users Are on Latest Android 7.1 OS
- 2017 Hyundai Verna Launched, Here's All You Need to Know
- Taimur Steals the Thunder From Kareena, Karisma in a Recent Photo
- Pregnant Esha Deol to Wed Husband Bharat Takhtani at Her Baby Shower