Shiv Sena wants LS adjourned in memory of Bal Thackeray
Sources said NCP chief and Agricultural Minister Sharad Pawar has backed Shiv Sena's proposal.
New Delhi: A strong plea for adjourning the Lok Sabha on Thursday in memory of late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray was made at an all-party meeting convened by Speaker Meira Kumar in New Delhi on Wednesday on the eve of the Winter Session of Parliament. Shiv Sena leader in the Lok Sabha Anant Geete made the request to the Speaker and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath after the issue was raised by Leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj.
NCP chief and Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar backed the proposal, sources said. There have been precedents of adjournment of Parliament for the day as a mark of respect to personalities who have not been members of either House.
Sources said Geete cited the instances of CPI(M) veteran EMS Namboodiripad and Jana Sangh chief Deen Dayal Upadhyay in this regard. Both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha will be making obituary references to Thackeray on Thursday.
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- Honoured To Pay Tribute to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan: Ali Zafar