DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Shiv Sena wants LS adjourned in memory of Bal Thackeray
Sources said NCP chief and Agricultural Minister Sharad Pawar has backed Shiv Sena's proposal.
New Delhi: A strong plea for adjourning the Lok Sabha on Thursday in memory of late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray was made at an all-party meeting convened by Speaker Meira Kumar in New Delhi on Wednesday on the eve of the Winter Session of Parliament. Shiv Sena leader in the Lok Sabha Anant Geete made the request to the Speaker and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath after the issue was raised by Leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj.
NCP chief and Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar backed the proposal, sources said. There have been precedents of adjournment of Parliament for the day as a mark of respect to personalities who have not been members of either House.
Sources said Geete cited the instances of CPI(M) veteran EMS Namboodiripad and Jana Sangh chief Deen Dayal Upadhyay in this regard. Both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha will be making obituary references to Thackeray on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh Joins Squad After Illness