Bhagwat and Owaisi products of similar ideologies: JD(U) leader
The BJP slammed Shivanand Tiwari's remarks and said that the JD(U) should consider taking action against him.
New Delhi: The Janata Dal United (JDU) has taken on the Bharatiya Janata Party over comments made by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat over rapes and the role of women in society. JD(U) leader Shivanand Tiwary on Monday compared Bhagwat with Akbaruddin Owaisi of the MIM, who is in the dock over a hate speech, saying that they both are products of similar ideologies. "The RSS ideology is propagated among Hindus and MIM's amongst Muslims. Mohan Bhagawat and Akbaruddin Owaisi are similar products of that ideology. There is no difference between them," he said.
The BJP, however, slammed Tiwari's remarks and said that the JDU should consider taking action against him.
JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav too on Monday described as "shallow" remarks of Bhagwat about women, saying they only showed the thinking of the people making them. But, at the same time, he made it clear that he was yet to go through Bhagwat's remarks "properly" and would react to it after going through the written statement.
"Several statements are being made these days...The statements show their thinking and views. All these are shallow statements," Yadav told reporters here. He was asked to comment on the remarks of Bhagwat in Indore on Saturday that a woman is bound by contract to husband to look after him.
Yadav, who is the NDA convenor, hastened to add that Sangh spokesman Ram Madhav had said that the projection of Bhagwat's views on the marriage system in the Indian context was "totally false". "I have not gone through his statement properly. If you show me his written statement, I will definitely react to it," he said.
With additional information from PTI
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi to Appear in Assam Court Today
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Rahul Gandhi Visits Places of All Faiths in UP
- PM Modi Least Bothered About People, Says Rahul Gandhi