BJP considering action against Shatrughan Sinha: Sources
Sources say that some BJP leaders may seek action against the MP at the parliamentary party meet later in the day.
New Delhi: After senior leader Ram Jethmalani, the BJP may next suspend Shatrughan Sinha, say sources. Sinha has firmly backed Jethmalani in his criticism of the BJP party president Nitin Gadkari and also supported his demands for the embattled chief's resignation.
Sources say that some BJP leaders may seek action against the MP at the parliamentary party meet later in the day. Sinha, along with Yashwant Sinha and Jethmalani, has been pressing for Gadkari's resignation over corruption allegations against him.
He again supported Jethmalani as he criticised the BJP's opposition to the appointment of the new CBI director, Ranjit Sinha. Attacking the BJP, Jethmalani had said that the government's decision to appoint Ranjit Sinha had "averted a national calamity". However, Jethmalani was suspended afterwards.
Lashing out at the party high command, Shatrughan Sinha said that there was no ground to initiate disciplinary action against the lawyer-turned-politician.
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Siddaramaiah Says Not Possible To Release Water Right Away
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Team India Arrives in Kolkata For Second Test
- Eden Track Will Not Turn Much, Says Sourav Ganguly