Shukkoor case: HC grants bail to CPM leader
CPM leader P Jayarajan was in February arrested in connection with the politically sensitive murder of IUML activist Abdul Shukkoor.
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday granted bail to CPM Kannur District Secretary P Jayarajan, arrested in connection with the politically sensitive murder of IUML activist Abdul Shukkoor in February.
Justice Babu P Mathew Joseph granted the bail and directed Jayarajan to furnish a bond of Rs 25,000 and two sureties for the like amount.
The court turned down the prosecution plea to restrain Jayarajan, arrested on August 1, from entering Kannur. The charge sheet in the case was filed in a lower court in Kannur on August 23 listing 33 accused, all of whom are either CPM workers or supporters.
While Jayarajan and MLA TV Rajesh have been charged under section 118 of the IPC for not trying to prevent the murder even after getting information on the conspiracy. Shukkoor was murdered on February 20 at Keezharara in Kannur.
This is the second bail plea of Jayarajan as his earlier application was dismissed by Justice SS Sateeshchandran on August 13.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology