Shunglu report: BJP wants Dikshit to resign
The BJP stepped up its attack on Chief Minister demanding her removal.
New Delhi: The BJP on Thursday stepped up its attack on Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit demanding her removal and ordering a CBI probe into CWG spendings by city government following the Shunglu Committee report which blamed her for irregularities in certain Games projects.
The party held a protest demonstration near Jantar Mantar demanding Dikshit's sacking and slammed her for rejecting the findings of the Prime Minister-appointed panel.
"The Shunglu Committee has held Dikshit responsible for delays and losses in the Games project. She should have resigned immediately after the panel filed its report," senior BJP leader V K Malhotra said, addressing the gathering.
"Sheila Dikshit must resign from her post and a CBI probe should be ordered into all the CWG spendings by the Delhi Government," he added.
Echoing the views of Malhotra, BJP national spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain accused the Centre of trying to shield the Delhi government and asked it to take strict action against all those indicted by the high-level panel.
Hussain also slammed Dikshit for "thrashing" the report and said how could she reject the findings of the panel which was set up by the Prime Minister to probe the CWG bunglings.
Recommended For You
- Bharat Stage 'BS' Emission Norms Explained, What Does it Mean and How Does it Impact You
- Kaabil to Saawariya: Films That Clashed With SRK Starrers And Failed
- Bibi Russell's Tryst With Fashion: For, With and By Craftspeople
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?