DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sibal blames BJP for Lokpal setback
Kapil Sibal said BJP defeated the constitutional amendment which shows that they never wanted a law to deal with corruption.
New Delhi: Union Human Resource Minister Kapil Sibal came down heavily on BJP alleging that the double faced 'rajniti' of the BJP has become clear. He said BJP defeated the constitutional amendment in Lok Sabha which shows that they never wanted a law to deal with corruption.
Sibal said, "It clearly means that they didn't want either a lokpal or a lokayukta."
The Bill, which was an idea of Rahul Gandhi to give constitutional status to Lokpal, failed to muster the required two-third majority of those present and voting in all the three clauses.
The House witnessed high drama as voting on the three clauses showed that the ruling side had failed to get the required number of 273 in favour, prompting Speaker Meira Kumar to drop the clause from the bill.
On the Clause two, 247 voted in favour and 178 against, while in Clause three 251 were in favour and 179 against. Clause one received 250 in favour and 180 against.
Recommended For You
- Did Priyanka Chopra Just Talk About Her Relationship With Shah Rukh Khan?
- Opinion – Which 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire Variant Should You Buy?
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan