Siddaramaiah focuses on Bangalore as part of 'revised' state budget
The government would also provide Wi-Fi services to the public on MG Road and Brigade Road.
Bangalore: The Karnataka government on Friday announced that a special purpose vehicle - Bangalore Sub-Urban Rail Corporation - would be set up for implementing the Rs 8,759 crore project. Presenting the "revised" 2013-14 budget in the Legislative Assembly, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said the government had done a feasibility study for suburban rail system connecting Bangalore to the neighbouring districts of Tumkur and Ramnagaram, among others.
"The project is expected to cost Rs 8,759 crore. A detailed project report for phase-I will be prepared," Siddaramaiah, who also hold the Finance portfolio, added.
Construction of pedestrian sky-walks for the safety of pedestrians crossing the road would be taken up at a cost of Rs 100 crore. Metroline from Sampige Road to Peenya covering 10.5 km would be made operational by October. Clearance from Government of India for the "Namma Metro" works of Phase II covering 72 km at a cost of Rs 26,405 crore is expected shortly, the Chief Minister said.
A project to remodel and develop four major storm water valleys - Challaghata, Hebbala, Koramangala and Vrushabhavathi - covering 857 km within the Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) area would be taken up at an estimated cost of Rs 1,000 crore.
At present, 14 sewage treatment plants are functioning to treat the waste water generated in the city. Ten more treatment plants of latest technology would be established in another three years which would help treat additional 336 million litres a day of waste water.
Development of a peripheral ring road in the city would be taken up at an estimated cost of Rs 2,250 crore with Japan International Cooperation Agency loan assistance. "Land acquisition process will be speeded up," he said.
The government would launch a pilot scheme on MG Road and Brigade Road here for providing Wi-Fi services to the public. Similar pilot schemes are proposed to be launched also in Hubli-Dharwad, Mangalore and Mysore.
- Samajwadi Party Live: Akhilesh Sacks Shivpal, 3 Other Ministers From Cabinet; Says Party is One
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Akhilesh is Not Forming a New Party: Shivpal Yadav's Son
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi