Gujarat polls: When Siddhu's googly failed
The cricketer-turned-politician called BJP rebel and 84-year-old veteran Keshubhai Patel anti-national and traitor.
Ahmedabad: Cricketer-turned-politician Navjyot Singh Sidhu is always a crowd puller with his 'Sidhuisms' but in Gujarat he just went a bit too far by calling BJP rebel and 84-year-old veteran Keshubhai Patel anti-national and traitor. Sidhu said, "One side we have a traitor who betrayed his party as well and on the other side we have people who support their party with all their heart. People will never pardon a person who stabs the party in the back."
That googly left Sidhu's own party worried that it may not go down well with the voters and they played that one down later. For the Congress, party president Sonia Gandhi fronted it's campaign but adding star power was Raj Babbar and also veteran comedian Asrani.
Asrani said, "You see us on screen and we have to do only what directors tell us to do. But here, your clapping makes me feel good because you are appreciating what I'm saying." Will the claps turn into votes, we'll find out on December 20.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly