Siliguri clashes: 46 CPM activists sent to judicial custody
The activists had been arrested following the ruckus, however, two Left leaders, Ashok Bhattacharya and Jibesh Sarkar, were released on Thursday.
Siliguri: Forty six CPI-M activists, including a former MP, were on Friday sent to judicial custody till April 18 in connection with the clashes with cadres of the Trinamool Congress in Siliguri on Wednesday.
The activists had been arrested following the ruckus, however, two Left leaders, Ashok Bhattacharya and Jibesh Sarkar, were released on Thursday after night-long detention.
Five women councillors were also released on bail on Thursday.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- Saamana Office Attacked Over Cartoon Mocking Maratha Protests
- Sena Needles Modi Over Uri Attack, Says Situation Worse Than Cong Regime
- Glad Tutak Tutak Tutiya Being Compared With Bhool Bhulaiyaa: Prabhu Deva