Siliguri clashes: 46 CPM activists sent to judicial custody
The activists had been arrested following the ruckus, however, two Left leaders, Ashok Bhattacharya and Jibesh Sarkar, were released on Thursday.
Siliguri: Forty six CPI-M activists, including a former MP, were on Friday sent to judicial custody till April 18 in connection with the clashes with cadres of the Trinamool Congress in Siliguri on Wednesday.
The activists had been arrested following the ruckus, however, two Left leaders, Ashok Bhattacharya and Jibesh Sarkar, were released on Thursday after night-long detention.
Five women councillors were also released on bail on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement