DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Siliguri clashes: 46 CPM activists sent to judicial custody
The activists had been arrested following the ruckus, however, two Left leaders, Ashok Bhattacharya and Jibesh Sarkar, were released on Thursday.
Siliguri: Forty six CPI-M activists, including a former MP, were on Friday sent to judicial custody till April 18 in connection with the clashes with cadres of the Trinamool Congress in Siliguri on Wednesday.
The activists had been arrested following the ruckus, however, two Left leaders, Ashok Bhattacharya and Jibesh Sarkar, were released on Thursday after night-long detention.
Five women councillors were also released on bail on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar