Siliguri clashes: 46 CPM activists sent to judicial custody
The activists had been arrested following the ruckus, however, two Left leaders, Ashok Bhattacharya and Jibesh Sarkar, were released on Thursday.
Siliguri: Forty six CPI-M activists, including a former MP, were on Friday sent to judicial custody till April 18 in connection with the clashes with cadres of the Trinamool Congress in Siliguri on Wednesday.
The activists had been arrested following the ruckus, however, two Left leaders, Ashok Bhattacharya and Jibesh Sarkar, were released on Thursday after night-long detention.
Five women councillors were also released on bail on Thursday.
- BSF Officer Injured in Pakistan Shelling, Succumbs
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 3 Points: Fox News Poll
- Delhi Police Arrests Pakistan High Commission Staffer For Espionage, Abdul Basit Summoned by MEA
- US Polls: Have Given USD 100 Million to Campaign, Will Do More, Says Trump
- Illegal Immigrants: Expedite National Register of Citizens in Assam, Says SC
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 10: Rohan, Indiawale Indulge In a Fight Over Luxury Budget Task
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House