Singur Landowners to Get Back Land After Durga Puja: Mamata
Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee delivers new ownership documents to farmers who had previously owned land in the area during a function near a Tata Nano Plant in Singur on September 14, 2016 (Courtesy: Getty Image)
Chinsurah (WB): West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said landowners in Singur will get possession of land after Durga Puja festival.
"After Puja all land owners will get their land back. It will be fit for agriculture," Banerjee said after an administrative review meeting here in Hooghly district.
She said she was happy to be part of the fight of farmers who were getting back their land.
State minister Partha Chatterjee said they were never against industries, but against having industries on a multi-crop land.
"We were never against the Tatas. We told them you can do the factory on the other side," he said.
According to him, 1,768 land owners have so far taken cheques from the government while 10,747 'parchas' (land deeds) have been given so far.
Recommended For You
- Barack Obama Spills The Beans On How He Survived The White House Years
- Rahul Gandhi Trolled For 'Torn Kurta' Antic During His Speech In Rishikesh
- Bigg Boss 10: Nitibha Kaul Feels She'll Have A Great Equation With Manveer Gurjar Outside The House
- Virender Sehwag Decimates Pakistan Again, This Time on Twitter
- Saif Ali Khan Responds to Criticism Over Naming His Son Taimur