Singur Landowners to Get Back Land After Durga Puja: Mamata
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said landowners in Singur will get possession of land after Durga Puja festival.
Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee delivers new ownership documents to farmers who had previously owned land in the area during a function near a Tata Nano Plant in Singur on September 14, 2016 (Courtesy: Getty Image)
Chinsurah (WB): West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said landowners in Singur will get possession of land after Durga Puja festival.
"After Puja all land owners will get their land back. It will be fit for agriculture," Banerjee said after an administrative review meeting here in Hooghly district.
She said she was happy to be part of the fight of farmers who were getting back their land.
State minister Partha Chatterjee said they were never against industries, but against having industries on a multi-crop land.
"We were never against the Tatas. We told them you can do the factory on the other side," he said.
According to him, 1,768 land owners have so far taken cheques from the government while 10,747 'parchas' (land deeds) have been given so far.
Recommended For You
- Padmaavat Movie Review: Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Visual Spectacle Belongs To Ranveer Singh
- Budweiser Adopts Renewable Electricity in All US Breweries
- Akshay Kumar Slammed On Twitter for Waving ABVP Flag at 'PadMan' Event
- Umaid Bhawan in Jodhpur Named In World's Best Hotels List For 2018
- Ranveer-Deepika, Shahid-Mira Twinning As They Attend Padmaavat Special Screening