Singur Landowners to Get Back Land After Durga Puja: Mamata
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said landowners in Singur will get possession of land after Durga Puja festival.
Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee delivers new ownership documents to farmers who had previously owned land in the area during a function near a Tata Nano Plant in Singur on September 14, 2016 (Courtesy: Getty Image)
Chinsurah (WB): West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said landowners in Singur will get possession of land after Durga Puja festival.
"After Puja all land owners will get their land back. It will be fit for agriculture," Banerjee said after an administrative review meeting here in Hooghly district.
She said she was happy to be part of the fight of farmers who were getting back their land.
State minister Partha Chatterjee said they were never against industries, but against having industries on a multi-crop land.
"We were never against the Tatas. We told them you can do the factory on the other side," he said.
According to him, 1,768 land owners have so far taken cheques from the government while 10,747 'parchas' (land deeds) have been given so far.
Recommended For You
- Ganguly Sides With Kohli, Says India Need Preparation Time for SA Tour
- Coco Movie Review: The Pixar Film Provides Audience With an Immersive Showcase of Mexican Culture
- IFFI 2-17: Kerala High Court Refuses to Stay Order on Screening S Durga at IFFI
- Zaheer-Sagarika Look Picture Perfect In These Post-Wedding Party Photos
- Padmavati Controversy: When Facts Don't Meet Fiction