SIT records Kripashankar's statement in DA case
Singh arrived at the Police Commissionerate around noon alone and SIT recorded his statement at least for an hour.
Mumbai: The Special Investigating Team (SIT), probing the alleged amassing of disproportionate assets by former Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh and his family, on Monday recorded his statement. Singh arrived at the Police Commissionerate around noon alone and SIT recorded his statement at least for an hour, said an IPS officer.
Various questions relating to his properties were asked by the SIT officials and Singh answered them, the officer said, adding he was "very cooperative". He, however, declined to reveal the questions posed to Singh citing confidentiality. Asked if he would be called again, the officer replied in the negative and added Singh's family members might be called for recording statements.
The Supreme Court had in September granted eight weeks time to the SIT to complete its probe into the alleged amassing of wealth disproportionate to the known sources of income of Singh. The court had asked Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh to head the team replacing Arup Patnaik who was elevated to the rank of DGP.
The Maharashtra government has already submitted to the Supreme Court two reports on the SIT probe in sealed covers about the alleged benami assets of Singh and his family.
The first report was filed on April 16 in compliance with the March 13 order of the Supreme Court, which had asked the SIT to probe and collect documentary evidence regarding all movable and immovable properties of Singh and his family, including his wife, son, daughter-in-law and daughter and file its report in a sealed cover.
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC and National Company Law Tribunal
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster May be Good for Tata Steel's UK Operations, Says Media
- Samajwadi Party is United, No Rift Family: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign
- Case Registered Against Man for Posting Objectionable Photo of PM Modi
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav