Guwahati: NCW did a disservice to victim, says BJP
The BJP has criticised the National Commission for Women saying its members were randomly passing comments on the Guwahati molestation case.
New Delhi: The BJP on Tuesday criticised the National Commission for Women (NCW) saying its members were randomly passing statements on the Guwahati molestation incident. "Without the report being approved, it is made public by the members," said party spokesperson Nirmala Sitaraman in a scathing criticism of the commission.
"The NCW has gone to Guwahati and done a disservice to the victim," she added.
She further said that the Assam CM, Tarun Gogoi must tender an apology over the incident and also demanded a statement from the Congress President, Sonia Gandhi over the insensitivity of her party members on the issue.
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts