Guwahati: NCW did a disservice to victim, says BJP
The BJP has criticised the National Commission for Women saying its members were randomly passing comments on the Guwahati molestation case.
New Delhi: The BJP on Tuesday criticised the National Commission for Women (NCW) saying its members were randomly passing statements on the Guwahati molestation incident. "Without the report being approved, it is made public by the members," said party spokesperson Nirmala Sitaraman in a scathing criticism of the commission.
"The NCW has gone to Guwahati and done a disservice to the victim," she added.
She further said that the Assam CM, Tarun Gogoi must tender an apology over the incident and also demanded a statement from the Congress President, Sonia Gandhi over the insensitivity of her party members on the issue.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology