Slogan shouting during President's address to Parliament
An unperturbed President, however, continued reading his speech despite the commotion.
New Delhi: DMK and AIADMK MPs on Thursday shouted slogans over Sri Lankan Tamil issue during the maiden Address of President Pranab Mukherjee in Parliament. As soon as the President began his Address to the joint sitting in the Central Hall, DMK and AIADMK members raised slogans.
The exact contents of the slogans could not be heard, but apparently they were referring to the killing of the 12-year-old son of slain LTTE chief Prabhakaran allegedly by Sri Lankan soldiers. Shafiqur Rahman Barq (BSP) also stood up to demand minority status to Aligarh Muslim University.
Union Ministers Rajiv Shukla and V Narayanasamy waved at the protesting MPs to take their seats. An unperturbed President, however, continued reading his speech despite the commotion.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models