Slogan shouting during President's address to Parliament
An unperturbed President, however, continued reading his speech despite the commotion.
New Delhi: DMK and AIADMK MPs on Thursday shouted slogans over Sri Lankan Tamil issue during the maiden Address of President Pranab Mukherjee in Parliament. As soon as the President began his Address to the joint sitting in the Central Hall, DMK and AIADMK members raised slogans.
The exact contents of the slogans could not be heard, but apparently they were referring to the killing of the 12-year-old son of slain LTTE chief Prabhakaran allegedly by Sri Lankan soldiers. Shafiqur Rahman Barq (BSP) also stood up to demand minority status to Aligarh Muslim University.
Union Ministers Rajiv Shukla and V Narayanasamy waved at the protesting MPs to take their seats. An unperturbed President, however, continued reading his speech despite the commotion.
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Delhi Zoo Shuts Down Amid Bird Flu Scare