DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Slogan shouting during President's address to Parliament
An unperturbed President, however, continued reading his speech despite the commotion.
New Delhi: DMK and AIADMK MPs on Thursday shouted slogans over Sri Lankan Tamil issue during the maiden Address of President Pranab Mukherjee in Parliament. As soon as the President began his Address to the joint sitting in the Central Hall, DMK and AIADMK members raised slogans.
The exact contents of the slogans could not be heard, but apparently they were referring to the killing of the 12-year-old son of slain LTTE chief Prabhakaran allegedly by Sri Lankan soldiers. Shafiqur Rahman Barq (BSP) also stood up to demand minority status to Aligarh Muslim University.
Union Ministers Rajiv Shukla and V Narayanasamy waved at the protesting MPs to take their seats. An unperturbed President, however, continued reading his speech despite the commotion.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan