DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Somashekara Reddy, 13 others charged in mining scam
Somasekhar Reddy and others had allegedly threatened Conservator of Forests UV Singh after he found out about illegal mining.
Bellary: A chargesheet has been filed against BJP MLA G Somasekhara Reddy, brother of arrested mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, and 13 others in connection with the alleged threat to the life of a top forest official investigating illegal mining in the district. The 125 page chargesheet has named Somasekhara Reddy as the main accused.
Conservator of Forests UV Singh had visited Ramghad reserve forest area in Sandur taluk in 2009 in connection with the investigation and found the Reddy brothers were allegedly involved in it, following which he ordered seizure of nine vehicles. Forest official Ramalingaiah had filed a case with police on illegal mining.
Somasekhar Reddy and KS Diwakar, Bellary corporation corporator had allegedly threatened Singh after his visit to Ramghad, police said. Deputy Superintendent of Police D Nagaraj investigated the complaint in 2011.
Somasekhara Reddy is in judicial custody in Hyderabad following his arrest in connection with the alleged cash for bail scam.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi