I don't support smear campaign: Sonia to Anna
Replying to Anna Hazare's letter, Sonia Gandhi wrote she strongly supports Lokpal.
New Delhi: UPA chief Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday, replied to Anna Hazare's letter over Congress supporting smear campaign politics with respect to the CD controversy involving Amar Singh, Mulayam Singh Yadav and Shanti Bhushan.
In the letter, Sonia has written that she does not support or encourage politics of smear campaign.
"You should have no doubt of my commitment in the fight for probity in public life," Sonia wrote.
"I strongly support the institution of a Lokpal that is consistent with the practices and conventions of our Parliamentary democracy," Sonia wrote in the letter.
Hazare had written to the UPA chief about the smear campaign against Lokpal activists and the way it's misleading the media and society.
"Developments of past few days have been a cause of concern. It seems that the corrupt forces in the country have united to derail the process of drafting an effective anti corruption law. Their strategy is to smear the reputation of civil society members. Fabricated CDs are being planted to tarnish the reputation," said the letter.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Jimmy Kimmel Thanks Donald Trump for Making Oscars Look Less Racist
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Can Virat Kohli and Team India Respond In the Face of Adversity?