Sonia unwell, not going for Uttrakhand rally
Sonia Gandhi was supposed to lay the foundation stone of the much-delayed Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail project on Wednesday.
New Delhi: UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi is not going for the Uttrakhand rally as she is suffering from viral fever.
"The Congress President is suffering from fever. Her visit to Uttarakhand has been cancelled," AICC General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi said.
Besides addressing the rally, Gandhi was also expected to lay the foundation stone for the much-delayed Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail project at Gauchar in Chamoli district.
Congress sources said that Gandhi's speech would be read out at the rally venue at Gauchar.
Gandhi addressing the rally was expected to be a virtual launch of the party's campaign for the upcoming assembly election in the state.
The UPA Chairperson had undergone surgery abroad in August for an undisclosed ailment.
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- US Now has Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 1st ODI, Sharjah
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Pakistani Artistes Not Terrorists, They Have Visas: Salman Khan
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya