Sonia unwell, not going for Uttrakhand rally
Sonia Gandhi was supposed to lay the foundation stone of the much-delayed Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail project on Wednesday.
New Delhi: UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi is not going for the Uttrakhand rally as she is suffering from viral fever.
"The Congress President is suffering from fever. Her visit to Uttarakhand has been cancelled," AICC General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi said.
Besides addressing the rally, Gandhi was also expected to lay the foundation stone for the much-delayed Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail project at Gauchar in Chamoli district.
Congress sources said that Gandhi's speech would be read out at the rally venue at Gauchar.
Gandhi addressing the rally was expected to be a virtual launch of the party's campaign for the upcoming assembly election in the state.
The UPA Chairperson had undergone surgery abroad in August for an undisclosed ailment.
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Happy Birthday Prabhas: 6 of His Unforgettable Performances
- Army Officials Reject Raj Thackeray's Welfare Fund Proposal
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor