Sonia unwell, not going for Uttrakhand rally
Sonia Gandhi was supposed to lay the foundation stone of the much-delayed Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail project on Wednesday.
New Delhi: UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi is not going for the Uttrakhand rally as she is suffering from viral fever.
"The Congress President is suffering from fever. Her visit to Uttarakhand has been cancelled," AICC General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi said.
Besides addressing the rally, Gandhi was also expected to lay the foundation stone for the much-delayed Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail project at Gauchar in Chamoli district.
Congress sources said that Gandhi's speech would be read out at the rally venue at Gauchar.
Gandhi addressing the rally was expected to be a virtual launch of the party's campaign for the upcoming assembly election in the state.
The UPA Chairperson had undergone surgery abroad in August for an undisclosed ailment.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw