2G report row: BJP stands exposed, says Sonia Gandhi
CAG's principal auditor RP Singh had alleged that BJP leader and Chairman of Public Accounts Committee MM Joshi had influenced its 2G report.
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi wasted no time in attacking the BJP after a CAG officer levelled charges against one of its prominent members saying that he influenced the agency's 2G report. Principal auditor RP Singh had alleged that BJP leader and Chairman of Public Accounts Committee (PAC) MM Joshi had influenced the 2G report.
Speaking to reporters, Sonia said, "The BJP is exposed." When asked whether the row had backfired on the Opposition party, the UPA chairperson said, "It looks like (it has)."
Singh on Friday made startling revelations about the agency's 2G report saying that it was audited without guidelines and influenced by Joshi. In an exclusive interview to CNN-IBN, Singh further stated that the loss figure of Rs 1.76 lakh crore was presumptive, which he had deleted from the draft report but which was restored in the final copy.
Singh disowned the report saying it was not his and that he was merely asked to sign on it. He further asked that leaks by the office of the CAG be investigated.
"This loss figure (of Rs 1.76 lakh crore) did appear before me in a draft audit report submitted by my field office. I carried out discussion with them. I asked for the supporting documents, on what basis they are saying these are the losses. They said, 'we are taking it as presumption'. I said in performance audit there is nothing called presumption loss. So I deleted this figure and while forwarding my version of report, I clearly mentioned why I am deleting these figures. It seems that at the time of examination in CAG office, these loss figures were restored," said Singh.
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign
- Case Registered Against Man for Posting Objectionable Photo of PM Modi
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar