Sonia Gandhi meets Delhi rape victim at AIIMS
Sonia inquired about the victim's treatment and progress from doctors, and spoke with the parents of the victim.
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Saturday visited AIIMS hospital to enquire about the minor girl who was raped allegedly by her neighbour in east Delhi. Gandhi went to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences and visited the girl in her room. She inquired about the victim's treatment and progress from doctors, and spoke with the parents of the victim.
The rape victim was shifted to AIIMS on Friday evening. The five-year-old girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour while being held captive and starved for two days. She also contracted infection after the incident.
The horrific incident took place in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar. The girl, who was missing from April 15 evening, was rescued on April 17 from the ground floor of the building where her family was staying.
Recommended For You
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Slams Ton As Jharkhand Beat Chattisgarh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards