Rahul is not in PM race and it is final: Sonia
The CWC on Thursday decided that Rahul will lead Congress's campaign for Lok Sabha elections.
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Friday said that the Congress Working Committee's decision to not name Rahul Gandhi as the prime ministerial candidate for the Lok Sabha elections is final.
Rising before a roaring crowd of over a thousand party workers, Sonia Gandhi began her much anticipated speech by saying, "Listen, decision has been taken on Rahul yesterday, and that is final."
When the AICC meet began, Congress workers specially members of the youth wing shouted slogans demanding party to review its decision on Rahul.
Having faced a thumping defeat in the recent Assembly elections and with many of its senior leaders tainted with corruption charges, Sonia Gandhi's speech enthused party workers.
As Sonia Gandhi ended her speech, party spokesperson Janardhan Dwivedi once again drew the attention back to Rahul Gandhi. He asked the party workers if they had any alternative to him. To which, the excited party workers replied in chorus "No".
As the clamour at the meeting grew louder, Rahul Gandhi took over the podium and addressed the crowd. He told the zealous party workers that he knew what they all wanted to hear and would talk to them about it during his speech at 3:30 PM.
"Till then please be patient and let the AICC meet progress," he urged.
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Salman Khan's Recent Photo With Nephew Ahil is Just Too Heart-warming
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign
- Case Registered Against Man for Posting Objectionable Photo of PM Modi