Sonia Gandhi recovering, out of ICU
After spending 24 hours in the ICU, Congress president Sonia Gandhi was moved out of the ICU.
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi has been shifted out of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), where she was kept under observation for 24 hours post surgery.
"Sonia Gandhi remained in the ICU for 24 hours and has thereafter been moved out. Her family has expressed gratitude on her behalf for all the messages and good wishes that have been sent to her," Congress media department head Janardhan Dwivedi said in a statement on Saturday.
Sonia Gandhi is recuperating after successful surgery performed two days back. She was accompanied by her family - son Rahul, daughter Priyanka and son-in-law Robert Vadra.
The statement issued by the Congress on Friday was silent on the nature her illness. Sonia has handed over the reins of the Congress to a Group of Four - Rahul Gandhi, Janardhan Diwedi, Ahmed Patel and A K Antony - in her absence.
Meanwhile, superstar Amitabh Bachchan has wished Sonia Gandhi a speedy recovery. Amitabh Bachchan, who was in New Delhi on Friday to promote his upcoming movie, 'Aarakshan', said, "We wish Soniaji recovers as soon as possible. Our prayers and good wishes are with he."
The Gandhi family has expressed gratitude on Sonia's behalf for all the messages and good wishes that have been sent to her.
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
From Our Network
- Shahabuddin jailed, alcohol ban lifted: Win-lose situation for Bihar CM Nitish Kumar- FirstPost
- This is how Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack during surgical strike - Pradesh18
- News Digest: HC defers hearing on plea challenging Modi election; How Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack & more - Pradesh18