Sonia, Rahul to campaign in West Bengal
Congress is contesting in 27 seats while TMC has put up nominees in 26 leaving one for the NCP.
Kolkata: AICC president Sonia Gandhi and general secretary Rahul Gandhi will campaign for Congress-TMC alliance in north Bengal where first phase of polls will take place on April 18, WBPCC sources in Kolkata said.
Sonia Gandhi would address three election meetings on April 15 at Jalpaiguri, Ratua and Englishbazar in Malda district.
Rahul Gandhi too would start his campaign fromv Jalpaiguri the day before and address his first meeting at Mal.
Subsequently, he would address poll meetings at Naxalbari, Mothabari in Malda, besides Farakka and Domkal in Murshidabad district, sources said.
54 seats spread over 6 districts of north Bengal go to polls in the first phase. Congress is contesting in 27 seats while TMC has put up nominees in 26 leaving one for the NCP.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement