Sonia to take final call on joining Mamata govt
"The issue will also be discussed at the CWC meeting," said WBPCC vice-president.
Kolkata: Congress President Sonia Gandhi will take the final decision on the party's participation in the new government in West Bengal after discussing with Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee.
"The issue will also be discussed at the CWC meeting today and Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee may make an announcement," WBPCC vice-president Debabrata Basu said.
Pranab Mukherjee and AICC general secretary in charge of West Bengal Shakeel Ahmed will arrive in Kolkata on Saturday, he said.
Basu lauded the leadership of Banerjee for bringing in a change in state politics and hoped that an effective government under her leadership would soon take over for better governance and development in the state.
The Trinamool Congress-Congress victory was 'absolutely upto expectations' and a 'glorious moment' in the state's politics, he said adding he believed that this would bring joy in the people's life.
He congratulated people for their overwhelming support to the alliance candidates to end the 34 year-long Marxist 'misrule' in the state.
The WBPCC vice-president also congratulated Election Commission for its arrangement which, he said, allowed people to exercise their franchise without fear.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands