Sonia will decide on CM if Cong wins HP polls: Birendra Singh
The remarks came close on the heels of PCC chief Virbhadra Singh giving signals that he would like to become the next Chief Minister.
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi will decide who will be Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister if the party gains majority in the hill state, a senior party leader said on Wednesday. AICC General Secretary Birender Singh said this on the eve of the poll results in Himachal Pradesh when asked who will be made the Chief Minister by the party if it wins.
His remarks came close on the heels of PCC chief and party veteran Virbhadra Singh giving more than subtle signals that he would like to become the next Chief Minister if the party wins in the state. Virbhadra, who had been a five-time Chief Minister, remarked, "I have done my duty which was assigned to me, that was to fight the election and bring the party back to power. That I hope I will be able to perform successfully."
"As to who will lead the state...at present I am leading state as PCC President. And who will be the Chief Minister, that will be decided by Soniaji," he ahd said.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- SRK Joins Sonakshi Sinha, Sidharth Malhotra On The Sets of Ittefaq
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner